No sound, brand new HP Pavilion t680

Jon22 23:32 29 Aug 04

I just (yesterday) bought a base unit from Comet figuring to use my existing 2.1 speaker and sub woofer set up (mains powered). But no sound when I connected up. I plugged the speakers back into my old Gateway PC, and sound was fine.
I can get headphone sound through the front green line out port and also through the back port, a single non powered speaker also works through both front and back ports.
I've read some earlier FAQ's and followed the trouble shooting write ups on the PC but still no sound.
The speakers are Boston digital BA 735
can any one help
thanks

Stuartli 09:11 30 Aug 04

The specifications for your HP don't make it clear if it uses an onboard sound chipset or sound card.

HP technical support and trouble solving for your system can be found at:

click here

It could be that you still have to install the sound drivers.

Jon22 23:23 30 Aug 04

Stuart
Thanks for the reply
The sound is onboard,
I think the pavilion T680 model is new for HP as it does not appear on their drop down menus.
I checked the site you listed and carried out most of what it suggested.
i selected all the right options and ensured all the mute boxes were clear, the onboard sound is enabled in the Bios
There were no driver updates available on the HP site but I didn't go down the un-install then re-install line.
Are the drivers still suspect if I can hear sound through the headphones?
Could it be my powered speakers are not compatable?
I've e-mailed HP but I'm still waiting for hard facts back.
It's so frustrating, brand new PC and problems!
cheers
Jon

Jon22 23:23 30 Aug 04

Stuart
Thanks for the reply
The sound is onboard,
I think the pavilion T680 model is new for HP as it does not appear on their drop down menus.
I checked the site you listed and carried out most of what it suggested.
i selected all the right options and ensured all the mute boxes were clear, the onboard sound is enabled in the Bios
There were no driver updates available on the HP site but I didn't go down the un-install then re-install line.
Are the drivers still suspect if I can hear sound through the headphones?
Could it be my powered speakers are not compatable?
I've e-mailed HP but I'm still waiting for hard facts back.
It's so frustrating, brand new PC and problems!
cheers
Jon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…