No sound board installed - error

novis 18:44 25 Mar 06

I receive the following error message when I try to install my voice recorder software.

How do I find it to reinstall it?

I have a Sony Vaio 512mb/80gb system and run Windows XP Pro.

polish 18:50 25 Mar 06

have you tried reinstalling the sound card drivers if you dont have them have a look on the sony website

novis 19:40 29 Mar 06

When I boot up I receive an error message telling me that there are no recording devices for Skype.

I can't play music CDs although my system's OK reading from the drive.

Nothing seems to be amiss in Device Manager - no error warnings.

Trying to use the troubleshooting option only takes me around in circles.

Any suggestions?

woodchip 19:53 29 Mar 06

Does it have a sound card or onboard sound in the computer?????

phono 20:00 29 Mar 06

Has the onboard sound been disabled in the BIOS by any chance?

novis 11:12 30 Mar 06

There is an NVideo sound card which device manager says is functioning properly. I can hear systems noises.

Everything worked fine until recently. I've tried several systems restores which have not resolved anything.

As to the suggestion that the sound card has been disabled in the BIOS - how would I find out. And rectify the problem.

phono 22:40 30 Mar 06

If the sound device is showing up in device manager then it will be enabled okay in the BIOS.

Can you still hear system sounds and is the nVidia sound device still showing as working okay in device manager?

Is there a patch or update for your voice recorder software on the manufacturer's website?

woodchip 23:02 30 Mar 06

Sounds like "Pun" the Drivers need reloading

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…