No Sound from an Audio CD

Dannyb 12:58 17 Jul 03

I have put an audio CD into my PC and although RealOne Player shows me that it is playing, there is no sound coming out. I have Windows 2000 Pro and am using RealPlayer v.2 any ideas about what I need to do?

akzah 12:59 17 Jul 03

Check whether the sound volume in Real Player is high and nothing is on mute, (sometimes happens by mistake)

Play the audio CD using Windows Media player, if no sound then check speaker connections.

Akbar

Dannyb 13:28 17 Jul 03

Thanks akzah, I have now used windows media player and it's fine. Can't workout what's wrong with RealPlayer, it wasn't muted either. Still, all now working. Thanks.

Stuartli 16:27 17 Jul 03

Perhaps you have WMP set as the default player or another program or your mixer (if you have one) has the sound muted.

annieshaw 15:48 20 Jul 03

I uninstalled Realone after my system sound and Realone did not play. Can anyone help? checked mute and Windows media player does not work, volume turned up, any other method of checking?

graham√ 17:42 20 Jul 03

You would be better starting a new thread titled 'Sound Problem', as this thread has been ticked Resolved, meaning it has less chance of being viewed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…