NO SOUND AT ALL AND NO SOUND DISC

Wadayano 06:55 29 Sep 06

Well i have NO SOUND because someone has deleted the sound in Add/Remove (i will not say who :S). this has happened before and i rolled back the driver! it was c-major then it went realtek 97.
oh before i forget this is a laptop and its xp pro CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP?

STREETWORK 07:08 29 Sep 06

Try and use 'add new hardware wizard.

Also:

Check in device manager to see if the sound drivers are loads, if there is a problem you will see a yellow triangle next to the sound...

Then try and roll back to a previous date using system restore...

Stuartli 08:01 29 Sep 06

I think you mean C-Media.

The Realtek drivers for your laptop can be downloaded from:

click here

However, you first need to know which particular Realtek AC97 onboard sound you have on your laptop.

If you go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information>Components>Sound Device you should find the information necessary.

Key it into Google for the particular Realtek AC97 codec code and then download the latest driver from the Realtek website.

Wadayano 10:02 29 Sep 06

ahh none of them are working and im pretty sure it was c-major sigmatel audio and ive already rolled back it wont go any further and there is no restore points AHHHHHHHH
and the sound page on system info is blank???

Wadayano 10:03 29 Sep 06

add new hardware wont work either

ed-0 10:05 29 Sep 06

You just need the name and model of the laptop.

Go to the manufacturers web site and downloads. then just pick the audio drivers. Download and install.

Stuartli 10:32 29 Sep 06

You may well be right - I've never heard of it before, hence the thought you might mean C-Media, although SigmaTel I do know(!):

click here

Are these the drivers you are looking for (if it is C-Major)?

click here

or

click here

henke53 10:53 29 Sep 06

I may have missed part of this thread but is the sound turned on? Start - control panel - sounds, speech, audio - sounds audio devices.

ed-0 14:57 29 Sep 06

make and model of laptop?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…