No sound at all

Cassy 10:50 06 Jul 07

Until last week my pc had excellent sound now nothing at all, I have checked everyting that trouble shooter asks and have found all ok. I have C-media AC97 Audio device and all sond video & game controllers in device manager are ok no yellow marks. Please can someone advise.

Sheik Yerbouti 10:53 06 Jul 07

Have you tried plugging the speakers into another device, like a laptop, or mp3 player, see if they are working?

birdface 10:55 06 Jul 07

Try,Control panel.Administrative Tools.Services, Scroll down till you get to Windows Audio,And make sure it is set to automatic.And you can also check that you do not have it switched of on the keyboard.

Cassy 11:05 06 Jul 07

I assume the speakers are working the light is on the speaker , I don't have a laptop. Administrative Tools.Services, Scroll down till you get to Windows Audio,is set to automatic. How do I check that it switched on, on the keyboard (Sorry my knowledge is very basic on computers).

Cassy 11:07 06 Jul 07

Last thread should have read yes the Windows Audio is on automatic.

Taff™ 11:18 06 Jul 07

Go to Start>Control Panel>System and select the Hardware Tab. Then Device Manager. Expand Sound Video & game controllers and select your C-Media, right click and select properties. Now choose the Driver Tab and click on the "Roll Back Driver" If there is another previous driver it should roll back. You may need to reboot the computer. Let us know if that works!

Cassy 11:35 06 Jul 07

Sorry no drivers files have been backed up for this device this is the message I get

realist 11:52 06 Jul 07

It's a long shot, but I had a sound problem plaguing me for months which I thankfully sorted by following the fix given in the posting of Maaster Aug 12 2006 11:40 on link below
click here

No idea why it worked, but it did and troublefree ever since.

Stuartli 12:14 06 Jul 07

Have you checked from Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices>Volume tab that the Volume has not been Muted?

The Volume icon for the Taskbar should be ticked - you can also check from the Volume icon whether any inputs/outputs have been inadvertently Muted.

Don't forget that Windows Media Player and similar also have Mute facilities.

The latest C-Media onboard sound chipset drivers can be downloaded from its website:

click here

Check which chipset you have (8738, 9738 etc).

Cassy 19:19 06 Jul 07

Thanks have gone to the website of C media and it asks you to select a pduct from
PCI Audio or Onboard audio, which do I pick?

Cassy 19:31 06 Jul 07

I have chipset
VIA 8233/8235/8237
what do I do with this now?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now