NO Sound, at all.

DJ-Garry 20:17 29 Mar 05

For some reason, out of the blue, I have no sound on my PC. Playing media files with any program, sounds on web sites, not even any system sounds. Device manager no errors. Kids use PC for on line games etc. They never go into any systems but could they have deleted something easily that could have effected it??? Running XP Pro SP2, SB sound card, 2.1 Speakers.
Cheers, Garry.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:26 29 Mar 05

Sound setup
click here

john-232317 20:31 29 Mar 05

Right click on loadspeaker,open volume control, check mute all on left of window is not ticked.

Also check speaker leads

Michendi 20:37 29 Mar 05

* Logout and then select Turn off Computer. Wait a few minutes and then start the computer.

* When Windows starts you should get the normal Windows start up melody. If you do then at least you know that your sound-card and speakers are working.

* If you hear the Windows start up melody then open the sound-card adjustment program. The icon should be in the systray. Check all the controls and ensure that they are set appropriately.

* If you hear nothing when Windows starts then reinstall the sound-card software. You should have received a CD with the sound-card. If you don't have a CD go to Creative's website and download the software for your sound-card. CAREFUL!!! Make sure that you download the correct software.

99% of the time this will solve the problem.

The other thing you may want to do is try to determine which game is corrupting SB's files and send a bug-report to both Creative and the maker of the game.

DJ-Garry 20:37 29 Mar 05

Thanks Guys.
Wave volume turned right down.
Couldn't find it easily because I have some sort of sound manager installed. All done now though.
Ta, Garry.

tutter 13:54 10 Apr 05

i had the same problem so i read that your wave volume was turnes down, so was mine, didn't know what i had done? so thanks for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…