No Sound After XP Pro Reinstall

smudger1767 17:11 18 May 06

Hi there, Ive just done a complete new instalation and put XP Pro + SP2 on newley formated hardrive, Ive installed all the drivers for the mobo, Ive onboard sound C-Media AC97 and Ive no sound. Ive checked the usual things ie updated to the latest drivers, uninstalled, then reinstalled, still no sound. I have still an exclamation in device manager where it says C-Media AC97. Ive also tried Sound and Audio Devices in controll pannel but I cant make any changes but I should. Any suggestions appreciated.

richard929 17:25 18 May 06

Hi there do you know what model mother board you have, my cusin had the same sound card and had the same problem when he reinstalled xp pro+sp2.
Alson what manufacter is your computer from.
The way i fixed my cusins computer was by going on the manufacters website and scanning the computer and then it gives you a list off all the drivers you need. Where did you get your current drives from?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:54 18 May 06

I have still an exclamation in device manager where it says C-Media AC97.

right click select properties , what error code does it show?

skidzy 18:07 18 May 06

Try this click here

good luck

smudger1767 18:21 18 May 06

The mobo is a FIC VC31 WITH ONBOARD SOUND I dont have a sound card in a PCI slot. Thanks skidzy but thats the driver Ive got at the moment. The error code is 10. The driver version is 5.12.1.42.The driver says its working fine in device manager/properties. Ive also checked the CMOS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…