No Sound After Reinstall

AubreyS 21:01 23 May 06

Hi All.

I have an elderly friends' laptop here. It had many problems so I decided to do a reinstall for him. It's a Packard Bell igo, model Versa E400. All went well with the install of XP Pro. But now, it has no sound.

I went to Packards website, put the serial No. of the laptop in and it came up with all of the various downloads for the machine. There were two sound driver's. I tried them both but still no sound from it.

It was given to him by a friend and has no reinstallation disks for it.

Has anyone out there got any ideas?

mikef. 21:06 23 May 06

Sounds obvious, but I've done it, have you checked the sound isn't muted or if it is set up for laptop speakers and not headset.

Gongoozler 21:07 23 May 06

Have you tried the driver here click here
You'll notice that this site is for the NEC Versa E400, but Packard Bell computers are made by NEC.

AubreyS 21:11 23 May 06

Hi mikef. Do you know what? as soon as I posted this, I just knew that someone would ask me that! Yes.

AubreyS 21:17 23 May 06

Hi Gongoozler. I tried the driver from the site that you sent but unfortunately, that does not work either.

jonmichael 21:22 23 May 06

Open up device manager and look at items under Sounds Video and games contrllers. If there is a problem it will show a yellow section Click on this and it will download what you need.

To Open Device Manager. Right click on your computer Icon. Then click on Manage when you have done this you will see Device manager. Click on devvice manager.
Best Of luck
frank Taylor

jonmichael 21:23 23 May 06

Open up device manager and look at items under Sounds Video and games controllers. If there is a problem it will show a yellow section Click on this and it will download what you need.

To Open Device Manager. Right click on your computer Icon. Then click on Manage when you have done this you will see Device manager. Click on devvice manager.
Best Of luck
frank Taylor

AubreyS 21:25 23 May 06

Hello Mr Taylor. Yes, there is an exclamation mark in device manager, thats where I went when I noticed that there was no sound. But it's under 'other devices' as, Mulitmedia Audio Controller. I have tried connecting to the net to see if it can find the appropraite driver but no luck there.

johnnyrocker 23:31 23 May 06

try deleting/uninstalling by way of right click and re boot it may well find its drivers if xp.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 23:32 23 May 06

so what was the solution?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…