No Sound after installing Vista ultimate

fullywired23 20:53 21 Sep 07

Hi all

I have just installed Vist Ultimate but there is no sound now ,the MB is an asrock ALIVE SATaA2-Glan .I have e-mailed Asrock and they told me to download this driver from their website Realtek driver R1-53but this doesn't work I also installed the drivers from the Cd that came with the board ,It seems to be an incompatibility with vista has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you overcome it
regards viejo

Jak_1 21:32 21 Sep 07

Did you check on the realtec site that you were downloading the correct driver for vista?

brundle 22:03 21 Sep 07

This one? click here

fullywired23 22:27 21 Sep 07

yes I have installed the correct driver R1-53

thanks for the replies viejo

brundle 22:46 21 Sep 07

Does your audio device show up with a yellow mark in Device Manager? start/run, type devmgmt.msc

Ashrich 22:47 21 Sep 07

How many speakers do you have , and are things set up correctly in the Realtek HD Audio section in Control Panel ie. selecting how amny speakers you have , volume settings etc.

Ashley

fullywired23 23:26 22 Sep 07

First thank you all for your responses.To answer you questions.in device manager I get "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

The realtek HD audiosection will not install

I have installed drivers for vista 32 bit

I should point out that I have two H/Ds on my computer with two O/systems .One with XP and the other with vista and I have no problem with the xp version as regards to sound ,so it has to be a incompatibility problem with Vista

regards Viejo

fullywired23 12:47 25 Sep 07

downloaded a fix for this problem from microsoft but when I try to install it I get the message"Not enough storage avilable to process this command"

Has any one any Ideas on the problem ,Thanks in advance

viejo

Ashrich 16:31 25 Sep 07

click here for the latest Realtek HD Audio codecs/drivers dated 17/9/2007/ these are the most up to date , the ones you were using were old ( 2006 ) I'm going to try these myself as my HD Audio ( same as yours but on a Gigabyte board ) are dated Jan 2007 .

Ashley

fullywired23 18:24 25 Sep 07

Thanks for the post but I have got those and they don't work for me .i have a fix but it won't install I just get the message "Not enough storage available to process this command" i don't know what this means.Not enough storage where???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…