No sound after fitting new sound card

After fitting a new sound card I have no sound, and everything appears to be ok. Only fault I can find is in Directx I get a message. PROBLEM GETTING EXTRA SOUND INFO, RESULT CODE =0X80070057 (INVALID ARGUMENTS)

ANDRO 20:37 16 Feb 05

Have you had a sound card in it before or have you been using the onboard one?

Restoring an old pentium 3 which had a sound card but no drivers, But I have no sound

Diodorus Siculus 21:08 16 Feb 05

Check in the bios - see if audio is enabled.

Audio IRQ11 Is the only mention of audio in bios

Cuddles 22:04 16 Feb 05

check on the soundcard to see if there is more than one connection for the audio lead

PSF 23:43 16 Feb 05

Have you checked to see if the sound card is in the device manager. If it is remove it and reboot. Window should then re-install the drivers for the sound card.

Have you got the latest version of Direct X from Windows Update. It might be an idea to load the latest drivers for the card from the manufacturers site.

I have two connections on card tried both the second is marked auz-in still no sound

Reloaded drivers,and running latest Direct x tried downloading new driver but had no joy. As I have sound from CD player using headset I am beginning to think it must be wiring or a bad connection somewhere

Technotiger 20:29 17 Feb 05

Hi, are you sure - on board sound should be shown in BIOS/Integrated Peripherals/OnChip Device Function/AC97 Sound Device with the option to Enable or Disable.

PSF 20:53 17 Feb 05

Have you tried removing the card and fitting it into another pci slot. When you reboot it will re-assign the IRQ. Check the card is fully seated in the slot as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…