No Sound after changing PC Case

turnip 60 00:31 11 Feb 05

Hi,
I have just bought a new PC Case (Logisys Dracula)
and i have transferred my system from my old case to the new one. Everything seems to be connected ok,and Everything works fine except I cant get any sound. If I try playing an audio CD, windows Media player 10 starts up and goes through the motions as though it was playing ok but alas no sound.I have gone over all the Jumpers on the Motherboard(Asrock K7VM2) and it all looks fine.
I have Windows XP pro. with SP2.
Any idea what I should look for Please.
Regards

Jeffers22 00:35 11 Feb 05

Have you connected the audio cable correctly from the CD player to the sound card or mob on board sound connection?

If you have two optical drives and one audio cable, are you playing the CD in the right drive? (I am embarrassed to say I got caught out in this way once)

Is the mute box ticked in volume control panel?

turnip 60 01:05 11 Feb 05

Jeffers22,
Many thanks for your suggestions.
I will certainly look to check on those points but i have to leave it now until tomorrow .I have been working on this for 11 hours and I have to admit I am whacked.
If you dont mind I will let you know tomorrow if your suggestion works.
again Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…