No sound

Tuksie 12:41 14 Mar 03

I'm running ME, since restoring to 'factory condition' I am unable to get any sound

flecc 13:21 14 Mar 03

That enough detail to go on there, Tuksie. It's often necessary to load the drivers for your sound card again, but without further information on your computer/soundcard etc, it's impossible to be specific.

BlueMeanie 13:03 15 Mar 03

Hi

It looks like your system has not identintified / installed your sound card drivers.

Go into Control Panel, System Properties, and have a look around. Are there any Unknown PCI devices listed - if so delete them and reboot, hopefully Windows will then install your sound card. Did you have any sound card drivers CD or floppies when the PC was new ?

If "Sound,Video,Game Controllers" is listed, select and double click and see if the drivers are installed. My system lists SB16 Audio device and Windows Sound System (WSS) Device.

Regards, and good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…