no sound

BROXBURN 20:21 PM 12 Apr 12

i recently bought an acer aspire (it obviously aspires to be like all the other pc's)second hand...after upgrading the ram it is not so slow, but..no sound...i'm using the speakers from my old pc so i know there good..any suggestions?

Ian in Northampton 20:25 PM 12 Apr 12

A couple of thoughts... Check in Device Manager to ensure it has sound drivers loaded. Second thought: where are you plugging them in? In some PCs, only the front or the back speaker ports are enabled - but often not both. Have you tried them in the 'other' ports?

Woolwell 20:38 PM 12 Apr 12

Which model aspire, laptop?

BROXBURN 21:01 PM 12 Apr 12

Aspire 8600 PC...device manager says audio drivers enabled...speaker jack is in green socket at rear of pc.

Woolwell 21:45 PM 12 Apr 12

What other sound ports are there?

Silly question - sound muted?

BROXBURN 07:59 AM 13 Apr 12

when i look in the sound app in the control panel it says no audio device?

KRONOS the First 08:38 AM 13 Apr 12

Sometimes the simplest thing to do is to reinstall the audio drivers which you will find at the Asus site of your PC model.

birdface 08:49 AM 13 Apr 12

Go to the acer site.add in the model number etc and it will give you an audio update for it.

Just downloaded one for my granddaughter and it was about 97Mb I think.

birdface 09:00 AM 13 Apr 12

Never seen your model number on it.Are you sure you got it right.

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/home

Sea Urchin 10:16 AM 13 Apr 12

This looks to be your exact problem - see if the solution given works for you

Driver problem

Woolwell 12:07 PM 13 Apr 12

buteman - It's quite an old pc and is not listed. Acer may have legacy models.

May be best to determine whether it's a separate sound card or onboard sound and the maker of the soundcard.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…