NO SOUND

ashleycardwell94 20:28 13 Dec 10

I have just reinstalled windows xp pro on to my desktop. I have installed graphics, sound and game controller driver but i hear nothing. Speakers work connected to laptop but not hearing anything from desktop. I have tried front and rear panel with nothing. Reinstalled the drivers twice. Any ideas?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:32 13 Dec 10

Open volume control and check nothing muted and all sliders are at top

ashleycardwell94 20:34 13 Dec 10

thanks but tried it

chub_tor 20:40 13 Dec 10

Do you have more than one sound device installed eg on your modem? Make sure that the default device for sound is set to your speakers.

ashleycardwell94 21:03 13 Dec 10

if anyone has teamviewer feel free to email me and il give you the details

pk46 19:34 14 Dec 10

Have you checked in sound in control panel to see if the speakers are set for speakers or digital sound as a rule they are set for speakers if they are try digital.

pk46 19:41 14 Dec 10

sounds like a wrong driver installed on my W7 computer the driver update that came doesn't work and i had to install a previous one ok now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…