No sound

Windsor 21:18 19 Jul 08

I have just had to re-instal XP but now have no sound. I have gone into the System Device manager and the Multimedia Controller as before but cannot get any response.
Any ideas anyone?

Windsor

conrail 21:23 19 Jul 08

have you unplugged the speaker? I ask because I have just moved my pc into a different room and had no sound, I had the speakers plugged into the wrong hole, just a thought,
there isn't a tick in the speaker control panel is there?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:43 19 Jul 08

Run CDs for mother board and peripherals drivers.

Windsor 11:26 20 Jul 08

No luck so far. The PC does not pick up the Multimedia Audio controller when asked for in the Device Manager.
Can anyone let me have the appropriate file as I cannot find it on the net?
Windsor

jack 11:45 20 Jul 08

Is it for example on board sound?
[ if the socket set- sounds in/sound out/mic- are in the panel with the PS2/USB etc sockets it is onboard if it is lower down the Tower then it is a sound PCI card-
Describe the sound folder of the MoBo utilities disk- what does it contain Or is it a separate disk for the sounds?
Still not sure?
Download and Run click here

ambra4 16:35 20 Jul 08

Reinstall the audio driver

Windsor 10:51 21 Jul 08

Got it at last. I needed to instal a plug in for Firefox (I beleive) and all is now aok.
The device was C-media AC97 Audio device for my motherboard.
Thanks to you all for for your ideas.

Windsor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…