no sound

spazlowin 01:36 11 Aug 07

i have just recently bought a new motherboard it is a msi 915pm6-l and i have just installed windows xp sp2 and i cannot get any sound i have installed all the latest drivers checked the sound volume i mean everything i have done even been into the bios and everything i just cant get it to work i need sound cause i love music and i have spent $600 or more on building this computer and it dont give me sound

wolfie3000 02:05 11 Aug 07

Silly question but have you checked the connections from the base unit to the speakers?

Also the power cable to the speakers,

Reason i ask is that you would be surprised how many people miss something like this, even the most technically minded, im sure some other forum members will agree.

also go into device manager and see if the sound, video and game controllers part is flagged with a yellow triangle, if it is then its a driver issue or its not installed properly.

spazlowin 03:19 11 Aug 07

yes i have checked all of the connections and there is no triangle i was thinking that it could of just been my installation of xp but when i installed my os it didnt have ne errors

Probabilitydrive 09:42 11 Aug 07

Just a reminder on general sound troubleshooting tips click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:14 11 Aug 07

troubleshooting flow chart
[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac