No Sound

Swebby99 16:28 26 May 07

Recent problems with audio / sound.Have tested speakers - all OK...Appears to be problems with audio socket on PC tower.. engineer or anything I can do? Thanks

Technotiger 16:40 26 May 07

Hi, bit more info needed. OS etc and whether you are using on-board sound or have a pci sound card.

Technotiger 16:41 26 May 07

PS - forgot to ask - what were the recent sound problems?

Technotiger 17:13 26 May 07

Hi Thanks for response - basically there is no sound - it doesn't matter whether I plug in speakers or headphones...nothing!!! Speakers themselves are OK though. Appears to be issue with speaker socket itself - ie the green one!!

It is Forum Rules that one only uses a member's Yellow Envelope by Invitation - this is so that all members can see all relevant responses/answers within the Thread, and add their assistance too, it also helps other members who have similar problems to see any possible solutions. Please download a copy of the Forum rules from the Link on the Helproom page.

I am not scolding you - just providing you with the information.

Right - back to your sound problem - it is very rare for the actual sockets to become damaged, this is more likely a fault with your software or audio hardware; unless there is an actual reason for you suspecting a faulty socket? You have not said whether your sound is 'on-board' or if you have a PCI Sound card fitted.

Technotiger 17:15 26 May 07

Welcome to the best Helproom Forum on the Web.

si_l 18:13 26 May 07

Hi, just a quick post to say that it could be something very basic that Technotiger may have overlooked. You say you tested your speakers, I'm assuming, on another PC or something. Is the sound turned up on the PC? On the bottom right corner of the PC look for the sound controller, and check that it is turned up and the mute box is unchecked.

If you are using a sound card, check the settings for this also.

Technotiger 19:29 26 May 07

Hi, nothing overlooked, just waiting to hear what sound system we are dealing with, there are plenty of things to be checked when I know whether it is a sound-card or on-board.

skidzy 19:37 26 May 07

Im sure nothing is overlooked just yet as we have very limited details.

I think first we should check for any driver issues.

Swebby,can you first check Device Manager please:

Windows key + Pausebreak key / Hardware / Device manager any yellow exclaimation marks ?

Also run Everesthome click here then look under Motherboard/Motherboard name and post its details here.
This maybe just a driver issue and easily rectified.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5