no sound

martan 17:57 17 May 07

hi can anybody help me i have lost all sounds since i installed windows xp pro on my system have been through every thing i can think of but it still tells me that no audio devive is fitted on my system what do i do martan

skidzy 18:01 17 May 07

Have you reloaded the motherboard drivers ?

Also run Everesthome click here to see if this can identify your motherboard,from there we can try to find the correct driver.

martan 18:48 17 May 07

hi skidzy
have tried what you suggested but being a novice on a computer wasnt able to sort the problem out all i can tell you is that i have realtek 97 on my system if thats any help i am totally stuck martan

skidzy 19:05 17 May 07

Ok Martan

Do you have a disk named something like Drivers and Utilities or simply called Motherboard disk ?

If so,run this and select audio install.

OR

click here

martan 20:51 17 May 07

hi skidzy
have tried every thing you have suggested and got a total system failure and had to do a system restore of a couple of days ago lokks like i need an engineer to come in and find the fault but thanks for the help martan

skidzy 21:03 17 May 07

" have tried every thing you have suggested and got a total system failure "

These are run of the mill options that are the first steps to diagnose your problem Martan.

They should not in any way crash your system.

I suspect something more maybe going on with your computer.

Can you confirm what Everesthome had to say under multimedia ?
Did you install the audio driver i posted for you ?
Did you run the Motherboard driver disk ?

This is normally an easy thing to sort out,and may cost you a small fortune with the callout of an engineer.

Please do not be afraid to try some of the options we may give you.
We would never tell you to do something that is damaging to your computer.

Martan,

martan 22:14 17 May 07

hi skidzy
i installed the download you posted and that is when i got the system failure and my computer shutdown to protect my computer from damage it said.
i found epoxy motherboard disc but there was no audio driver on it
when my tower developed a fault a few months ago i had a fellow come in a have a look at it and i think he did something to it which has caused the fault so it looks like i will have to get it sorted at the nearest pc shop
cannot think of anything else to do thanks for the help you have given me
martan

skidzy 22:18 17 May 07

Ok run Everest and select motherboard then look under motherboard name and post the exact details back here.

martan 22:38 17 May 07

hi skidzy
i must say sorry as i dont have a clue what i am doing or what im looking for i am a total novice
and feel a right pillock going to different things and still getting nowhere.
all i know is i am running
imtel(r)
celeron(r)cpu 2.53ghz
2.53ghz,256mb ram

skidzy 22:44 17 May 07

Ok,stay with me.

Goto this link and download the program click here click on Majorgeeks france if your in the uk.

Save to your desktop and then run the program.

It will bring up information about your computer,click on motherboard and post back the details under motherboard name.

skidzy 22:51 17 May 07

Can you also check Device Manager for me.

Hold down your windows key on the keyboard with Pausebreak (Windowskey+Pausebreak)

Then select Hardware/Device Manager

Do you see any yellow exclaimation marks ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5