No Sound

bexley42 15:34 10 Mar 07

I have just installed an old PC tower with Win2000 and can't get any sound. Any ideas please. Basic please.

Technotiger 15:43 10 Mar 07

A bit more info needed, like - does it have a sound card, or is it just on-board sound?

Technotiger 15:44 10 Mar 07

also what Speaker setup?

bexley42 16:01 10 Mar 07

Sorry, don't know what is inside. I was wondering if there are speakers I can add by USB. The monitor looks as though is had speakers at some time.

Technotiger 16:46 10 Mar 07

Speakers plug into mini-jack sockets on the rear of the tower, not usb sockets. If the tower has a sound card you should see a horizontal row of at least three such small circular sockets, marked for speakers/microphone/head-set, though not always marked the same. Usually colour-coded Pink/Green/Black.

If no soundcard, then the same type of round sockets will be found in a bunch on the rear of the tower, usually just below the rear usb ports - usually four usb ports.

bexley42 19:33 10 Mar 07

I can't see any round sockets as you described. Thanks.

Technotiger 22:03 10 Mar 07

Hmmm, I have never known a pc tower without the sound sockets?

click here

this pic shows the three sockets line-abreast, on the lower part of the main section - colour-coded pink/green/blue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…