No Sound

Pangie 02:21 26 Dec 06

Please help, my computer has no sound at all. The following is Computer Profile summary produced using Belarc:

Windows XP Professional srvice Pack 1
Sytem Model: Packard Bell NEC PB13310501
Board: NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL P5S800-VM
Multimedia: SiS 7018 Audio driver
Controllers: SiS PCI IDE

I hope above info is enough to give advice. many thanx in advance and Merry Christmas.

main identity 03:09 26 Dec 06

for a start install service pack 2
try reinstalling sound drivers
make sure speakers are in correct socket on sound card turn volume up if powered speakers make sure plugged into power

keith-236785 08:30 26 Dec 06

the mainboard appears to be made by Asus, not NEC. and apparently usues the Realtek ALC655 sound chip. now that may be right or wrong, im just saying what i see from a google search.

check device manager and see if there are any yellow ! marks by the sound card?

if so you would need to re-install the drivers for the sound card. check also that your sound isnt "muted" simple mistake.... your volume icon will have a small circle with a line across if it is "similar to a stop sign" double click the volume icon to open sound properties, then remove the tick from mute.

info from click here

Stuartli 09:43 26 Dec 06

The board appears to be, as paperman27 implies, made by Asus and rebadged by NEC; the confusion with the audio seems to be the fact that it has an SiS motherboard chipset.

You can download the Realtek ALC650/650 onboard sound chipset drivers from:

click here

These are the latest drivers (3.96)

Stuartli 09:46 26 Dec 06

See the posting by JoeyTee almost at the end of this link re the mobo specs:

click here

Ivor_Monkey 11:12 26 Dec 06

Obvious I know, but surprising how often absence of sound is caused by mute being ticked:
- control panel/sounds/

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…