no sound!!!!!!!!

drdeath 16:12 12 Apr 06

After running the recovery cd on my laptop i now have no sound, pc tells me 'there are no active mixer devices availible' and tells me to 'add hardware' but i dont have any cd with latop to install any sound hardware!! please help

Stuartli 16:18 12 Apr 06

Check with your manual the name of the manufacturer of your laptop's onboard sound chipset (I'm assuming it's onboard) and download the drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Most likely names are C-Media or Realtek.

drdeath 16:39 12 Apr 06

Regretfully the manufacturer does not have the drivers on their site.............. nuts!!!!!!

Marsh Warden © ™ 16:43 12 Apr 06

Have you tried browsing the cd, as most recovery disks have the drivers there somewhere. Alternatively in Device Manager, right click on the device (should have a yellow exclamation mark) select update driver, and direct it to search the CD for the drivers.

SANTOS7 16:47 12 Apr 06

If you can give us the details of your manufacturer
we may be able to find the drivers for you..
click here
if its c-media follow prompts in link.
click here
if realtek this may help...

Totally-braindead 17:08 12 Apr 06

Make and model of laptop?

Stuartli 17:22 12 Apr 06

Which manufacturer was it that you found?

drdeath 18:12 12 Apr 06

Ok tried what you suggested with the recovery cd to no avail, my laptop is a packard bell versa E400 thanks all for your help thus far.

drdeath 18:14 12 Apr 06

On another note in the device manage the yellow exclimation mark is next to the 'MPU-401 compatible MIDI DEVICE!! im assuming i need the drivers for this

drdeath 20:02 12 Apr 06

now says 'This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Hertz Van Rentyl 20:14 12 Apr 06

Your model comes up as this if this is it then all the drivers are here.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…