No Sound

heidelberg 06:37 18 Dec 05

I decided to clear out some of the unused software applications yesterday and have since been unable to use Windows Media Player to play any music. When I endeavour to do so the following error message appears:

“Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.”

The error ID is as follows: 0xC00D11BA

Additionally on start up a window opens telling me that New Hardware has been found and that it is looking for the software for a “Multimedia Audio Controller” and then tells me that the hardware cannot be installed because the necessary software cannot be found.

I have obviously deleted something that I shouldn’t have.

Any suggestions?

ICF 07:21 18 Dec 05

You need to reinstall your sound driver.Have you any idea what sound device you have is it onboard the motherboard or a separate card?

heidelberg 07:47 18 Dec 05

Thanks ICF

Problem solved - why didn't I think of that!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…