No Sound

fishhguy 04:34 12 Nov 05

I have no sound on my computer. I have checked the obvious, connections, power, mute, etc. I tried to play several CDs - nothing. I ran Windows TroubleShooter, I cannot hear computer sounds either. I have checked Device Mangaer no yellow flags or Red X's. I don't know what else to check or where to go from here. XP,Home,SP1. realtek AC97Audio.

I have not done anything differently other than I recently moved & temporarly used my compter without bothing to set up the speakers, printer, etc. Now I have everything set up, but no sound. I don't have any disks or anyting this is an OEM. Any help appreciated. Thanks

ICF 06:26 12 Nov 05

Have you checked that you have plugged your speakers in correctly?

SurfMonkey _#:@} 06:36 12 Nov 05

do you have a speeker icon in the right hand bottom of screen if so double click it and make sure the master volume is set to top

Diversion 10:02 12 Nov 05

I have had the same problem in the past, I had to re-install the drivers for the sound card to start playing music again.

fishhguy 13:19 12 Nov 05

Thanks for the replys. Yes I have checked and rechecked everything. I have unplugged and replugged. I want to try to reinstall & see if that will help, but I don't want to make things worse. Can someone tell me what to do? I am not ignorant to computers, but I am when it comes to sound cards, drivers, etc. Thanks

fishhguy 13:55 12 Nov 05

I did have it plugged in wrong. Plugged in to "In" not "Out" on the back of my harddrive. Boy don't I feel dumb. Sorry, Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…