No Sound

milkybarkid 11:44 25 Sep 05

Have reformated a pals PC but cannot get any sound output. In Cont.Panel/System/Hardware, Multimedia Audio Controller is highlighted. I presume that means the soundcard facility is not functioning. It states 'no driver installed'. It is an on-board card on an ASUS K8V-MX Mthrbd in a MESH PC. I have been to the ASUS website and cannot clearly find the drivers. Can anyone help?

Klof Ron 12:53 25 Sep 05
  wky 15:25 25 Sep 05

I usually just read the version of the mother board and search for that motherboard's model including a sound drivers in the search. Usually comes up with quite a lot of different downloads which should work with the system. use google.

Stuartli 15:41 25 Sep 05

The onboard sound is a 6ch AC97 RealTek ALC655. See:

click here

click here

click here(hp-models-spdif)-free-download.html

click here

click here

It is unlikely to matter where you get the drivers from apart from checking that they are the latest version - I used to have C-Media 8738 onboard sound and downloaded drivers from a range of sources over the years.

milkybarkid 17:44 26 Sep 05

....sorted as a result of your input!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…