no sound

rossol 14:32 16 Dec 04

I have put in a new sound card Sound Blaster audigy LS, installed drivers,updated all patches No sound ,no volume control and in control panel/ sound and audio device it says no audio device and every thing is ghosted. In device manager sound card is there and there is is no conflicts.also it says all are working .I have XP Home with SP2 and I have had no trouble with it.can any-body Help

PsiFox 15:11 16 Dec 04

Need a bit more system info really. did you have onboard sound before and have you disabled it in the BIOS.

PsiFox

rossol 15:34 16 Dec 04

no, card was taken out and replaced with a new one
can not get into bios was formatted then when trying to get into bios it asks for password that i never had

PsiFox 16:16 16 Dec 04

Uninstall all software/drivers for card and replace in lowermost pci slot and reinstall.
PSiFox

rossol 10:24 21 Dec 04

have got into the bios and disabled on board sound and have put the card in the second from bottom as there is something else in the way re installed the drivers but still no sound.in Sound and audio devices every thing is ghosted and there is no volume control .in a test suppled with sound card disc it states

Hardware detected PASSED
Wave driver FAILED
Midi driver FAILED
Mixer driver FAILED
DirectSound 3D driver FAILED
Also noticed the card clicked in one side but not quite on the other

rossol 19:03 24 Dec 04

can no -one help please

Technotiger 19:08 24 Dec 04

Hi, try removing and then replacing the card - when replacing do note that soundcards in the agp slot are notoriously hard to push in - make sure it is well seated and the gold contacts are not showing when done. Merry Christmas.

Arthur Scrimshaw 20:36 24 Dec 04

What is this about agp soundcards? This is the second post I have seen that refers to these items. I thought agp was for video cards? Have I missed something?

Technotiger 20:47 24 Dec 04

Hi, meant to say Soundcard Ooooooooops too mush sherry in da cake!! Merry Chrishtmas :-))

Technotiger 20:48 24 Dec 04

pee schee I shlott!!

Arthur Scrimshaw 23:26 24 Dec 04

ahh - me understand now

Merry Christmas to you too ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…