No Sound

I have a new soundcard but can't get any sound. I have disabled the onboard sound in the bios and have the speakers wired up correctly (5.1). There are no leads going into the soundcard - should there be? I have had this problem for a few days now and it is doing my head in. Please help!!

alan227 19:35 29 Nov 04

Just out of interest where are your speaker wires plugged into.
Also what soundcard have you got.

ICF 20:01 29 Nov 04

Have you loaded any drivers for your soundcard?

Technotiger 20:07 29 Nov 04

Hi, you say you have the spkrs wired up correctly so where are their cables wired into if there are no cables into your sound card? lol

SEASHANTY 20:12 29 Nov 04

Troubleshooting soundcards
click here

I have loaded the drivers and what I mean by no wires is actually in the case say from the motherboard to the soundcard.

Technotiger 20:40 29 Nov 04

Hi again, the only wires on the inside to soundcard are normally those from cd drives audio connections, depending on what soundcard? I assume you do have the speaker cables connected to line-out jacks on your audio card, and not to the outside audio jacks on you mobo. lol

alan227 20:41 29 Nov 04

There are no wires, the soundcard just plugs into a spare PCI slot.
After you fitted the soundcard and rebooted your computer did it detect new hardware and ask you for the driver disc.

alan227 20:43 29 Nov 04

Ps. have you looked in Device Manager to see if their is a problem with the soundcard

alan227 20:45 29 Nov 04

Also check that the card is pushed fully into the OCI slot.

I have done all that and it seems to be in device manager ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…