no sound

BREEN 18:27 23 May 04

I have installed a new mobo/hard disc with built in sound card. I can still play cds ok. but when I reintalled my card they have no sounds. help.

Thanks

sicknote 18:31 23 May 04

have you tried disabling the on board sound in the bios ??

BREEN 18:54 23 May 04

Hi Sicknote.No I have tried your suggestion. Wont that disconnect my sound card??

BREEN 18:57 23 May 04

Correstion to original entry .I can play cds but have no sound when i play a game

sicknote 18:57 23 May 04

No.It should then find the other card

BREEN 19:02 23 May 04

only have one sound card that is the one built into the mobo

Fruit Bat 19:35 23 May 04

Make sure you sound chip is enabled on board usually by a jumper see mobo manual.

Is sound enabled in BIOS?

have you installed drivers from mobo disk?

Is windows volume control muted or set very low?

Epocs 19:39 23 May 04

Sorry for the obvious suggestion, but are you sure you have plugged you speakers into the right socket? Also, when you play cds do you play them through the speakers or earphones. If they play through the speakers then it is likely to be a driver and/or configuration problem. Have you run DxDiag and checked DirectSound?

BREEN 19:09 25 May 04

Epocs
Thanx for advice .i have checked dxdiag. no sound except if i want tp play music.Dost this mean i have not loaded the drivers for my audio card?

BREEN 19:10 25 May 04

Epocs
Thanx for advice .i have checked dxdiag. no sound except if i want tp play music.Dost this mean i have not loaded the drivers for my audio card?

Epocs 23:16 25 May 04

Intersting, have you tried uninstalling and then re-installing the card? As it is on-board try deleting the device from device manager and then re-booting, should find it and enable you to re-nstall drivers. Also have you got the latest drivers from the internet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009