No sound

Suzuki ITFC 12:48 01 May 04

I am getting no sound from my crystal soundfusion cs4281 wdm sound card.
I have updated drivers and i now get the message This device cannot start. (Code 10). I am running Windows XP Pro. Please Help!

Were you having any problems with your sound card prior to updating your drivers?

If not, just go back to the restore point prior to installing your new drivers. When i installed new drivers on my graphics card everything went haywire, sometimes you have totally uninstall the card then reinstall from fresh with earlier drivers. It's not the end of the world so don't worry! :)

Suzuki ITFC 15:09 01 May 04

The sound wasn't working so i reinstalled the drivers.
Thanks for your post.

Suzuki ITFC 20:11 01 May 04

Any ideas?

Suzuki ITFC 15:12 03 May 04

I think it might have something to do with the IRQs. How can I fix this problem? Do you go in BIOs?

Suzuki ITFC 18:48 03 May 04

bump

alnwrd 22:20 03 May 04

try moving the sound card to a different pci slot and rebooting. The OS should recognise it as new hardware and install necessary drivers. Check in bios that it is set to plug and play operating system and you don't need to worry about IRQ's.
Check in control panel sounds,advanced, are your devices muted?
Hope this helps, could also be a faulty sound card.

Stuartli 10:24 04 May 04

Device Manager error codes can be studied here:

click here;en-us;Q125174

Your Cirrus/Crystal Soundfusion cs4281 wdm sound card appears to be a PCI version rather than an onboard sound chipset. It might need reseating or the connections checked again.

It could be worth checking too that onboard sound is disabled in the Bios as Crystal, Realtek, C-Media and similar chipset manufacturers produce both types of the same chipsets.

If you need to again look for XP drivers some sources are:

click here

click here
(click here)

click here

Suzuki ITFC 19:11 04 May 04

I have found some different drivers for XP and all is now working.

Thanks for all your Help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…