No Sound

Beep 09:49 12 Apr 04

My kid turned off the volume when playing in the bubblegumclub games room by clicking on a volume option icon. It has turned off the volume in my pc and I can't get it back. I have checked everything in play control, nothing is muted, system restore has cured it either. There was not volume when my pc was 1st delivered and after an expensive help line call we discovered a mute box ticked somewhere in the software, but I cant remember where. Can u help - i have xp home, running creative audigy e400. NB this usually happens when I try to listen to BBC on my pc but system restore works then. Thx

coolteentom 09:54 12 Apr 04

Have you tried the XP help Sound Truobleshooter?

Stowit 09:58 12 Apr 04

Probably no help but Speaker Icon on task bar left click on it just to see the volume (mute?) Right click to open volume controls (more specific mutes) Check the speaker cables not been unplugged by accident.

Beep 11:02 12 Apr 04

Yep, tried all the cables and knobs, all fine, also tried trouble shooter, in XP and checked properties in Creative, still no joy.

VoG II 11:06 12 Apr 04

Probably stating the obvious but have you tried the volume control in the game?

BRYNIT 11:17 12 Apr 04

Probably stating the obvious. Have you checked the speakers. Some have a mute button also check the volume control on the speakers is not turned down.

Beep 23:13 14 Apr 04

Thx for the help, done/checked all the above, VoG it was an online game, and no joy. Tonight my 9 yrold nephew came had a quick fiddle in control panel and sorted it. It appeared to be the driver/software it was looking for, but the little s.. is playing 1 up manship and wont tell me what he did.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…