no sound

wildjon 14:32 28 Sep 03

hi , i have got no sound , i have tryed ever think i no but still no sound can u pls help

MAJ 15:01 28 Sep 03

You've given very little information, wildjon, so start from the beginning by making sure that you have the speaker's connection inserted in the correct socket on the back of your PC's tower, it'll usually be the top green-coloured hole. Make sure the speakers are plugged into the wall socket. Make sure the volume control isn't muted or turned down. Go to Device Manager, see are there any conflict signs next to the sound card entry.

wildjon 16:07 28 Sep 03

hi i have plugged then in the right ones , i have no sound icon in my taskbar as well and when i go into accessories to vol control it does not work

wildjon 16:18 28 Sep 03

all so when i try to play a song a error comes up , it says,.... error code2 mmsystem002 i have bought a new sound card as well

wildjon 21:45 28 Sep 03

can any one help????

graham√ 21:48 28 Sep 03

Operating System, please?

MAJ 21:53 28 Sep 03

And the make and model of your soundcard, wildjon.

Ironman556 22:01 28 Sep 03

from the previous sound card.

If you last sound was onboard make sure that it is disabled in the BIOS.

Then uninstall all the software that cane with both soundcards, and remove both from device manager, reboot and start the sound installation for your new card.

As above, Operating System, Sound Card(s) make/model will help us to help you.

wildjon 22:41 28 Sep 03

philips dynamic edge 4.1

Ironman556 22:42 28 Sep 03

And the old sound and windows version?

wildjon 22:43 28 Sep 03

how do u disabled bios?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…