No Sockett error 11001

ivesy 19:03 29 Jan 07

My Parents inlaw's PC has been playing up.

When accessing Outlook they have been greeted by the following.

"The host 'mail.tesco.net' could not be found..etc"

Then, "no socket error 0x800CCC0D"

This then causes the the internet connection to drop.

They did a system restore to about 3 months ago and everything seemed and this seemed to fix this problem. But now it's begining to happen again!

I went over today to have a look and found that the settings for POP3 and SMTP servers were correct and that the dreaded 'hang up after sending and receiving' box was unticked in the connections tab in options.

They also got the message 'Generic Host Process for WIN32 services error occured (date and time)

any ideas what this means? C:\DOCUME~1\GEORGE-1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WERO563.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp??

I sent an email and received one with no problems.

Is this a problem with TESCO? they were contacted about this and said they'd had no problems with their servers. The cynical side of me tells me maybe they would say that!

Like I said everything seemed ok today so hopefully it's going to stay that way. But I'd be interested to know what has been happening here!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

dms05 20:28 29 Jan 07

Take a look at click here which may help on the Socket Error.

The Generic Host problem support.microsoft.com/kb/894391 . Hope that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…