No Sky BB on main PC

belcanto 18:46 10 Jan 08

Hi all, I have signed up with sky bb, they took agees but finally sent the equipment and installation date. However, although I have set up the router the main pc cant connect to the internet. Thing is though is that my other computers can.

I have tried different combinations of IP address to no avail on my internal LAN. I have also tried to install a belkin usb wireless with the same problem. They both say that they are connected but are only recieving data not sending it. I tried the Sky BB tech support, nice to know they follow bt in outsourcing their help to India. The person I spoke to was very faint, told me things I had already done.

The only thing that did some good was when I was given the ip address to configure the router, 192.168.0.1. However I was also told to reset the router which then would not let me log in again to try to re-configure. So..if anyone has got any other ideas please let me know. I am running Win xp on all PCs with zone alarm, avg and stagonos as anti-virus and firewall.

TIA-belcanto

STREETWORK 19:43 10 Jan 08

to set up the connection first turn off the firewall and any anti virus software running. now try and set t up. Once done re-enable the firewall and AV...

belcanto 21:11 10 Jan 08

Hi there Streetwork, thanks for the advice so far. I turned off both my anti-virus and firewall to no avail. By setup, do you mean I should run the Sky CD all over again? Also should I try to run the network wizard and the wifi wizard? If I do should I leave them on IP address auto-find, I tried that with the lan IP byut it always comes up as limited connectivity.

I hope you and others can still help

Belcanto

belcanto 21:24 10 Jan 08

PS: I forgot to say that the modem router that they sent was a Sagem not as seems to be the case in the past a Netgear.

I do not know if this makes a difference

Belcanto

Ashrich 22:11 10 Jan 08

Try running the set up disk again , Sky have their own customised firmware on their wireless routers , so hopefully the reset just returned to how it was when you first got it .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos