//some 3rd party need geo

No Signal no monitor.

bobber100 19:35 17 Nov 04

Would a faulty CPU cause no signal to the monitor, I have 2 new motherboards both onboard graphics)and 2 cpu neither of which will send a signal to the monitor when I start them

Dorsai 19:44 17 Nov 04

A faulty monitor would also cause the same result.

Or it could be the CPU's are not sutable for the board, assuming that the two CPU's are the same, tried on two identical boards.

Or perhaps the Power supply.

If you give more detailed info about the cpu's, boards, monitor, other hardware, and what you have tried to do to fix your problem, someone may be able to help.

At the moment all that is knows is that you have a problem, and that is is no signal to the monitor.

bobber100 19:53 17 Nov 04

Monitor is working ok,

CPU's Athlon both 266 fsb correct for the boards (2 different model boards)

Tried 2 cases (PSU's)

Tried different memory sticks.

Both power up beep codes 1,3,1 Award Bios

What else can I try?

RH...

kimosabi 20:03 17 Nov 04

check to see that there are no broken pins in the monitor to pc cable that is what happened to my brothers when he recieved a no signal message
regards
kimo

bobber100 20:05 17 Nov 04

The monitor is working fine with another PC.

mark3110 09:20 18 Nov 04

Is it onboard Graphics?
Have you installed a Graphics card?

We need more info!!!

Mark

bobber100 09:50 18 Nov 04

Both motherboards have onboard graphics, I have also tried using a PCI and an AGP graphics card and get the same problem.

mark3110 10:35 18 Nov 04

Hmmmm Have a look at the motherboard and try resetting the BIOS by changing the jumper switches, consult the M/B manual. Maybe something in the BIOS isnt configured correctly.

Mark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…