No Signal on new setup

sil_ver 13:42 27 Oct 03

Just built a barebones setup using G'byte GA-71XE4 mobo, 1.3GHz AMD Duron, GForce2Ti graphics 10.2GB HDD, 128MB SDRAM. Mobo dipswitch set to 100MHz. My problem is I am not getting a signal to the monitor all fans are running and the HDD is doing its thing (no O/S yet) the reset and shutdown is working ok so I guess I've connected them right. I've tried a different PSU, Graphics card and monitor to no avail. Any help appreciated

AndySD 14:02 27 Oct 03

This is an oldish mobo and may need a bios upsate to support the 1.3 duron.

If its been used b4 try reseting the cmos.

Do you have an old pci graphics card you can try?

sil_ver 14:21 27 Oct 03

As far as I am aware this BIOS supports up to 1.4GHz. CMOS has been reset, I even checked the battery which is showing 3v.
No, I don't have a pci graphics.

sil_ver 14:34 27 Oct 03

Can I assume that if the HDD is being read, which appears to be the case judging by the activity, then the CPU is OK?. I've also changed the SDRAM.

madPentium 14:41 27 Oct 03

how many beeps do you hear when you turn on the machine? If you turn on the machine with no graphics card then you should hear several beeps, if not, some other hardware is incompatible or faulty or configured wrong for you mobo.

sil_ver 14:46 27 Oct 03

Not getting any beeps with or without either graphics, mouse or keyboard plugged in.

The Idle one 14:47 27 Oct 03

Have u connected the mobo connections to front case switches & led - I had same trouble with a new MSI mobo last week .
Ok when these connected & as u can see machine working ok now.
Colin

sil_ver 14:48 27 Oct 03

All connections made. That's how I'm switching on and off.

kingkenny 15:22 27 Oct 03

Faulty cable between your PC and monitor?

sil_ver 15:42 27 Oct 03

Nope! tried a different monitor

madPentium 17:27 27 Oct 03

If your motherboard does not beep with no graphics card plugged in then your system has a problem with either the processor or memory.
I assume it doesnt have built in graphics on the motherboard as well as an agp slot?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…