No signal to monitor

sri2001 10:25 29 May 07

Hi

My desktop was working perfectly before i go to holiday. I borrowed it to one my friend while i am away. So there is some movement carrying from my home to his and back.

After i came back and try it to use it there is no signal going coming in to the monitor. I tried changing other monitors but no use.

Could it be a problem with display card? or mother board? How can i test which is broken?

Please advise.

thanks
Sri2001

Stuartli 10:28 29 May 07

Check that the monitor cables are correctly and firmly inserted first - if this isn't the answer, then check the graphics card for proper seating.

sri2001 10:46 29 May 07

Hi Stuartli

Thanks for your reply. I did check the cables they are fine and firmly inserted.

I opened the CPU and removed the graphics card and reinserted firmly. But no use.

thanks
Sri2001

Stuartli 10:54 29 May 07

Now you know why I would never lend my computer system to anyone nor even let anybody use it (apart from just one individual)..:-)

Try reseating the memory.

wee eddie 10:56 29 May 07

As everything seems to switch on and another Monitor displays the same sign, then Stuartli is probably right.

When you move any sensitive piece of equipment there is a wee chance of dislodging a contact.

Turn everything off > Disconnect the Monitor > Open the box > Touch some metal part of the box to Earth yourself > Touching only the "Edges" of the Graphics Card > Push it down into it's slot > Some would recommend removing it and rubbing the contacts (at the bottom) with a Rubber (pencil type) before you replace it > Push it back in > Make sure that you have not accidentally dislodged any of the other wires > Turn it back on and pray!

Stuartli 10:57 29 May 07

Also, if possdible, try the monitor on another system to eliminate any chance that the monitor itself is faulty.

wee eddie 10:57 29 May 07

Obviously not the solution

sri2001 11:03 29 May 07

Monitor works fine. I connected it to another desktop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…