'No signal input' on monitor

algernonymous 20:52 14 Aug 04

I was given a PC case with PSU & motherboard, so I've fitted a Celeron 700 processor, a HDD, floppy and RAM. But the monitor displays 'NO SIGNAL INPUT'. It has onboard graphics so tried an AGP card and then a PCI but still the same result. What next?

sil_ver 21:15 14 Aug 04

Have you tried resetting the BIOS? (CMOS). Alternatively, was the mobo working before you got it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:17 14 Aug 04

possibly a faulty monitor cable?

algernonymous 22:53 14 Aug 04

I'll try resetting BIOS. Don't know if mobo was working...

Monitor/cable are OK- tested on another machine.

Djohn 22:57 14 Aug 04

and screen size. Is it a TFT by any chance?

woodchip 23:35 14 Aug 04

What about the CPU settings and how do you know that the Celeron will work on the board

algernonymous 22:14 15 Aug 04

Philips 105s 15" crt monitor.

Can't see bios for CPU settings. It previously had a 633 Celeron in it.

I should have added to my original post:- the CPU fan spins, the HDD whirrs, and the floppy light comes on

Djohn 23:25 15 Aug 04

It may be that the on-board graphics is working but was disabled from the BIOS by the previous owner while he/she used an AGP card. Have you tapped away on the Del. key while booting to see if you can get into the BIOS to check?

duckers 23:35 15 Aug 04

It does sound as if the onboard graphics are disabled, if the onboard gfx chip was stuffed the monitor would not show the no signal message (this si a typical case with PCI/AGP cards but I could be wrong with onboard).
You should be able to enable the onboard graphics in the BIOS ... .. .

woodchip 17:37 16 Aug 04

You can check the motherboard for Jumpers for CPU settings, if you do not have the Manual.

woodchip 17:38 16 Aug 04

Look for white writting by the jumpers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…