"No signal" failure screen when log on

allanon 12:49 PM 26 Apr 11

I've been logging onto the computer and as soon as it powers up I get a white box screen with "no signal" and very rarely does it load up. I am running XP on an Athlon x4 chip and a 8800GT card. I assumed that the GPU was faulty and I replaced this with a 8800GTS, howver this has failed to remedy the issue. On the rare occasions it does load up the only problem I can find is on the device manager which shows a yellow "?". it states that the nvidia nforce networking controller -" windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver maybe corrupted or missing (code39)". I rolled back the driver but this didnt help. Evidently file "nvefdxp.sys" driver disk 1 is needed. I downloaded the latest nvidia pack however the drivers won't load. On accasion when the system has powered up windows shuts down with a blue screen with : " STOP: 0X000000 C5 (0X0000040,0X00000002,0X00000001,0X8054B10D". I have a couple of questions namely:- 1. is the nforce controller issue a motherboard failure?, or can it be repaired?. 2. I believe that the said controller relates to the ethernet connetion to the net, so is this causing the no signal error when I load up or are the 2 problems seperate issues?. 3. any ideas how to fix it?. thanks for your time

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…