Hi guys
i ve just build this computer its my 8th one but with this one:Asus K8V-X se
amd 64 3400
2x 1024 ddr 400
450watt power suppy [unbranded]
80gb maxtor 8mb 7200
DVD reader and Cd RW
Xp pro sp2
When i start it it does all the usual when it comes to starting xp just before xp login screen come on screen goes off and displays "no signal" error. If i push restart 9 out of 10 times boots ok and starts xp(NO PROBLEM) and i tur it off an hour later start again and same problem occurs.

Checked all the hardware they all looks seated ok
used two diffrent graphics card ati radeon and nvidia fx 5200 128 still same.
Can you please help {ANY IDEA}. THANKS...

Dan the Doctus 22:09 05 Dec 05

I've come across a machine that did this recently and still haven't resolved it yet. It's not a monitor problem (tried it with two different ones) and can't be the graphics card because you've tried two. I was talking to someone recently who had the same problem and don't think it's the monitor cable either (but could be). This leads me to thinking it may be a motherboard problem and, since yours is new, probably nothing to do with dust. My conclusion is either a duff motherboard or an overheating problem, but it's only a guess.

007al 22:17 05 Dec 05

This also happens if the graphics card is slightly misaligned in the slot.You`ve tried two different ones though.
the card may move slightly when you`re tightening down on the rear slot.is the clip on the back all the way over the tab on the card?
Have you any way of trying everything in another motherboard?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:20 05 Dec 05

Check in BIOS and make sure any on board graphics switch off.

Can be coflict between onboard and graphics card.

CATUK 22:28 05 Dec 05

i ve tried the graphics card on anothe mobo it seems ok it smels to me like its a mobo problem as it doesnt do it all the time. very weird

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced