"NO SIGNAL" display error with XP and TV

mikeystipe 18:47 12 Nov 09

I'm getting a "No signal" error when I attempt to use my Samsung TV to display my laptop desktop.

I'm running XP.
All cables,etc are fine and I've previously tested with another TV so definitely not an issue

Have now discovered that if I use the admin user it displays the desktop fine but no joy with the regular user (this did work at some point in the past!)

The Display settings in XP are the same for both users.

I'm beginning to think it might be a corrupt driver but am now a bit out of my depth.

Any suggestions/answers?

Thanks in advance
Mike

levyo1 21:47 12 Nov 09

I have the same problem trying to play films on my sony 40" lcd tv from my laptop is yours a 40" or around that by any chance? I did a load of seaching on the net and I think I got the answer,it is to do with the size of tv try it on a 15" if possible and see the out come.... hope this helps

mikeystipe 11:24 13 Nov 09

lev1

no mine is just a regular sized laptop.
It works fine when I am logged in as the admin user.
I've read of similar problems on the web but most seem to involve a corrupt video driver.

I don't think this is the case here though as I would expect that to affect the whole pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…