No signal at all to monitor

LesMurray 15:31 31 Jan 09

I have been asked to fix a friends computer, there is no signal at all to the monitor so he asked me to look at it, I connected his base unit to my monitor via my KVM switch I have 2 other base units on this, no life, I swapped the graphics card [agp] for another still nothing I then tried an old PCI card still nothing. I slaved his H/D to mine and ran a virus check returned it still zero! any advise? Les

DieSse 17:29 31 Jan 09

When you start the suspect base unit, what does and doesn't sound like it's happening?

Many things can cause a base unit to not power up.

LesMurray 18:19 31 Jan 09

Fans all start I think H/D starts the light on the floppy stays on no response to k/board or mouse

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:22 31 Jan 09

Check data cable to floppy is correct way roud and or fully inserted.

ambra4 18:50 31 Jan 09

Replace the memory modules

LesMurray 18:59 31 Jan 09

I will check the floppy drive, as the guy put in a third stick of memory, I have taken it out, but will now check each one on their own

DieSse 19:17 31 Jan 09

I concur with FruitBat - floppy light permanently on can result from a wrongly fitted cable.

LesMurray 19:39 31 Jan 09

He had put the floppy cable in round the wrong way on the drive unit, but still getting the 'no signal' to my monitor, but floppy light goes out!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…