No Service Packs - no more Microsoft support

Sea Urchin 19:55 30 Mar 10
Answered

If you are running Windows XP SP2 or Vista without Service Packs then you need to take action

click here

Sea Urchin 10:06 31 Mar 10

Bumped in case anyone's interested

sunnystaines 10:11 31 Mar 10

good reminder but cannot imagine anyone not wanting to update to latest service packs.

Sea Urchin 10:18 31 Mar 10

You might be surprised

Diemmess 10:40 31 Mar 10

I'm with Sea Urchin on this.

It seems to me, that a vast number of folk for whatever reason, buy a computer and use it without stopping to take notice of warning flags about updates and renewals.

Woolwell 12:28 31 Mar 10

I have just had to update a computer from scratch - installing all of the updates on Vista then SP1 and finally SP2. It took ages with a moderate broadband speed and would have been impossible on dial-up. MS need to have site where you can just download a file with all of the updates rolled into one or order on cd/dvd.

Tonsie 15:38 31 Mar 10

Just read an article "Save the service packs"
Download SP1&SP2 from click here
and burn them on to CDs.This could make life a
bit easier.
Regards Tonsie

interzone55 15:46 31 Mar 10

"good reminder but cannot imagine anyone not wanting to update to latest service packs."

It's not always a case of not wanting to install the latest service packs, due to incompatible hardware I can't install Vista SP2 on my Toshiba laptop...

skeletal 16:22 31 Mar 10

When XP SP3 came out I put it on to my desktop without a problem. My laptop would not accept it. I have played around trying to get it to work ever since and by coincidence (to this thread) managed to finally get my laptop to SP3 just this past week-end.

My Vista woes are pretty well known, but I did try to upgrade my desktop to Vista SP1 (it’s dual boot). Needless to say, this failed.

Much to my amusement, the link in Sea Urchin’s original post recommends that we upgrade to Win 7. Yes I’d love to, but guess what, my desktop refuses the upgrade.

I know I’m not the only one; we may want to upgrade, but there are obviously some computers that will not allow you to do so (and no, before you ask, all the “test to see if you can upgrade” software always shows there will be no problems).

Skeletal

Woolwell 16:49 31 Mar 10
Answer

Good link - thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now