no sender email problem

Rebanut 12:43 20 Jul 04

I am getting lots of mail with no senders name on
them so I cant add them to my blocked senders list, I am using OE and I am with NTL Broadband.
can anyone help please.
Thank you.

Diodorus Siculus 13:18 20 Jul 04

Not much that can be done then I expect; try a third party spam protector such as mailwasher which will determine if the mail is spam or not and allow you to delete it before it is downloaded to your machine.

JYPX 13:26 20 Jul 04

Yes Rebanut, me too.
I assume you mean the ones which have from:blank, to:blank , subject: blank etc. I have seen discussion about these on the net, but no solution as yet. As far as I know Outlook would allow you to ban messages which were not actually addressed to you, but Outlook Express does not offer that option. Hope someone can help you (and me).

JYPX 14:54 20 Jul 04

If anyone can say for certain which spam detection software can deal with these blank sender e-mails that would be useful. (Sorry Rebanut, I don't mean to hijack your post but I thought there would be lot's of replies to your question)

Rebanut 15:01 20 Jul 04

No problem because it sounds as you are
having same probs as me, thanks anyway
for your response.

Bagsey 17:53 20 Jul 04

Will Mail Washer not catch it?? I understood that mail washer was very like the Spam Trapper that Btyahoo use and they are now catching, not all, but most of those emails for me.

Diodorus Siculus 21:20 20 Jul 04

Mailwasher does it pretty well when the origin is blacklisted but I am not 100% satisfied with blacklists - a good few legitimate mailings get blacklisted as people have signed up for newsletters etc and then decide they don't want them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…