No search sites seem to like me!? ;o)

Ben Avery 11:51 05 Jan 04

G'day

I don't understand exactly what the deal is with search sites, but it appears that they REALLY don't like me (or at least my site).

The site has been live now since 12-Nov-2003 (this is backed up by nic database for my domain name as the site went live with the domain) yet no a single search engine still picks up my site!

I really don't understand why as I've used site submission with google and altavista yet no joy.

The site is getting some pretty good hits (4,500+ since 10-Nov-2003) from various countries including UK, US & Canada as well as others, so it seems strange to me that nobody has picked up on it yet? I have included basic META Tags (I think?!) but don't know where to go from here.

At present, the only people who are able to find my site are those who have heard about it via word of mouth.

What can I do to improve on this situation?

Site is here click here

BA

AndySD 12:04 05 Jan 04
  AndySD 12:07 05 Jan 04

The Open Directory click here but dont expect fast results.

Ben Avery 12:07 05 Jan 04

Oh dear!

"Shame mode, I, I, I..."

That wasn't there a little while ago, I swear! Think I'll have a look around and check the others now again!

Sorry.

BA

Ben Avery 12:08 05 Jan 04

I did dmoz at the start, but that doesn't seem to like me much either.

As I say, I'll check a few again.

Thanks

BA

PurplePenny 12:31 05 Jan 04

I tried "watchtower scriptures" as a search and on Google your site came up first ... that's before the official Watchtower site :-)))))

You haven't appreared in AlltheWeb yet - a lot of people us it and you can submit to it for free:

click here

DMOZ does take a while - they have volunteer editors who check out every submitted site so they've probably been a bit slow (all off doing Christmas shopping maybe).

Penny

Ben Avery 13:10 05 Jan 04

Cheers PP,

I just realised I had a slight error in my search page which is why my google site search keeps recovering no pages. I had the code set to "www. benavery.co.uk" (but with no space!) instead of just "benavery.co.uk"

That's why my site search didn't work, it now works fantastically so thanks all.

Looks like they just took a long time to find it. All sorted now though, google was the main one I wanted!

Cheers.

BA

Handy Spinner 23:38 05 Jan 04

I take it you're a JW, Ben?

Your name seems familiar somewhere...can't place it.

Handy Spinner 23:38 05 Jan 04

Handy Spinner 23:39 05 Jan 04

Handy Spinner 23:41 05 Jan 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…