No Search bar on IE9 Beta

birdface 12:09 25 Nov 10

Hi.I don't use Tabs and don't like the Address bar and search bar all in one.
Is there any way to add the search bar back onto IE9 beta or is it a thing of the past.
Using Firefox at the moment because of problems on I/E9 and it is nice to have the search bar on the Toolbar unlike I/E9.
I suppose I could always go back to IE8 But why go back when you can go forward.

sunnystaines 12:17 25 Nov 10

cant help your question, but thinking of ie9beta to fix my ie8.

any downfalls in the beta

birdface 12:22 25 Nov 10

No it works Ok for me but I had problems with script errors on IE8 which made pages open slower than normal.
So tried IE9 and although I do not get the script errors any more it is still slow opening pages.
Well a lot slower than Firefox.
So I would imagine I have transferred the problem that I was having with IE8 on to IE9.
Now you may not get any problems so may well be worth trying.
You can always go back to IE8 again if you don't like it.

birdface 12:27 25 Nov 10

That click here of rdave13 on your other thread looked interesting.
No luck with that.

provider 2 12:44 25 Nov 10

This any use? click here

They also have feature (in the mag) on how to make IE 8 look like IE 9 in XP, though the `hardware acceleration` thingy isn`t compatible due to DirectX 10 which XP can`t handle.

birdface 13:12 25 Nov 10

IE8 to look like IE9.
I would prefer it the other way round.
It is just that you used to be able to go onto the search bar type in what you wanted and Hi-Presto it was there.
Now you have to click onto the address bar eraze what is already on there then type what you are looking for.
Hardly a big deal but I cannot see how that is quicker than just typing into the search bar.
Maybe I just don't like change everyone else is probably happy with it but VM would not be.

rawprawn 13:58 25 Nov 10

I find IE 9 really good, there was an update a couple of days ago and It seems even faster.
I quite like the search bar incorporated into the address bar, it saves space.

birdface 14:15 25 Nov 10

Hi rawprawn I have had problems with IE8 and looks like I have brought them up to IE9 with me.
Downloaded the update the other night but no difference in speeds for me.

[it saves space]
Not if you have Tabs switched off.Then address bar then takes up about 85% width of the page.
I used to get the odd problems with Tabs so switched them off a few years back mind you that was on XP.
I have tried them on W/7 I/E9 and find I can get on better without them.
So was just wondering if anyone had found a way of putting the search bar back on IE9 Toolbar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now