No Script Extension for Firefox

J B 13:32 27 Nov 05

Good afternoon all, just a short query, For all those who use Firefox, does anyone have the "No Script" extension installed, and if so what are your thoughts about the extension itself? Do you like or dislike the extension, and if so is it worth me downloading it. thanks. J.B.

Skyver 15:04 27 Nov 05

Use it all the time - very handy to prevent ads and the odd pop-up/under - occasionally causes Firefox to crash if you go to a page which requires Java script to start embedded media player, but as long as you enable script for that site it will work the next time. It doesn't crash outright, you can save your current tabs and start again.

J B 16:30 27 Nov 05

Just what I thought. Think I will give it a go. Thanks a lot Skyver for the help. J.B.

ade.h 17:29 27 Nov 05

I like it a lot; very easy to use. It has one fairly major drawback, though; if you use Flashblock, it won't function unless you are viewing a site with javascript allowed. So you can't avoid both JS and Flash at the same time.

Skyver 17:46 27 Nov 05

You can get round that by not installing the Flash plugin and using IEView to open IE for any pages that insist on it - not ideal in terms of viewing everything using Firefox, but since you can't totally uninstall IE from Windows XP, may aswell use it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017