No Safe Mode

MDSS 16:40 14 Mar 05

I do not think this one has been asked before.
I have rebuilt my computer using a Asus K8N-E-Deluxe Motherboard,it all works fine except when I try to go into Safe Mode by pressing F8 all I get is a list of my drives, by clicking on any of them I go straight back into windows.
Any one got any ideas?
Regards
Martin Stubbs.

pj123 16:51 14 Mar 05

To get into Safe Mode switch your comupter on and immediately keep hitting the F8 key until you get a menu.

If, as you say you are being returned back to Windows then you have gone too far.

Why do you want to get into Safe Mode anyway, if everything is working OK?

MDSS 19:22 14 Mar 05

Hi pj123,
Thanks for replying.
Yes I did hit F8 from the start and every way I can think of but I still can not get into safe mode.
Why do I want to go into safe mode?, well the problem is I am one of those fellows who loves playing about with my computer and some times I go to far, so I have nobody to blame but myself.
Thanks.

mole44 20:13 14 Mar 05

had the same problem although i`m not a "fiddler",anway i did a format and reinstall,very easy and boy did i get rid of loads of rubbish left on the puter from assorted programs.

dogbreath1 20:29 14 Mar 05

You might find something useful if you click here

Grouse ® 22:09 14 Mar 05

try F5..............

VoG II 21:40 15 Mar 05
  Sans le Sou 22:15 15 Mar 05

I had same problem-takes a bit of practice to hit F8 at the right time. Wait till the post is finished and bash F8 before Windows.

woodchip 22:47 15 Mar 05

Try the Crl key

woodchip 22:48 15 Mar 05

That should be the Ctrl key, Am not drunk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…