No router connection

Billawa 18:19 04 Dec 09

I am using Windows 7 64 bit and have tried to install a Netgear DG834 wired router using the setup wizard on the disc provided. Having followed the instructions I should have four lights showing on the router - power, port, ADSL and internet. The first three are OK but the internet light is not on. The programme tells me that the Ethernet cable is disconnected or broken or that the router cannot be found. I have swapped cables but with the same result. I am in contact with Netgear support but has anyone had this problem or does anyone have a suggested solution?
With thanks in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:34 04 Dec 09

Look in device manager to check that your ethernet adaptor is working correctly.

john bunyan 18:35 04 Dec 09

I have been getting some similar problems with W7 64 bit. In Device Manager, look at the Network Adapter then Networking controller and try updating the drivers. As you are not connected to the intenet select install from drivers found on the PC. For some reason this is needed for some nForce Network controllers - yet to solve it totally. My Device manager says "this device is working properly" - even though it isn't!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…