No Restore points

Brusan 15:18 03 Jul 05

Although my computer is set to the maximum, and it is not switched off, I have no Restore points. I put one in myself before deleting files to end one that keeps trying to download (but can't as it is faulty) only to find there were no Restore points. How can I get Restore to resume?

Joe R 15:24 03 Jul 05

brusan,

unsure about getting the restore points back, but this little free utility, will let you create new ones when required.

click here

TTP 15:38 03 Jul 05

Press windows key + pausebreak (top right of k-brd) to bring up system props , click tab 'system restore' & ensure there is no tick in turn off system restore.Sometimes virus/spy tools switch off restore because virus/spy lives in there and need to be cleared out.

Stuartli 18:40 03 Jul 05

You normally restore to a point where you have made changes to your system, such as installing new software or hardware or vice versa.

These date points are provided in bold and are created just before the installation/uninstallation work involved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…