No response when attempting to open a "favourite"

runnerpete 20:09 PM 01 May 11

The following problem has suddenly occured for the first time today. Everytime I click on one of my listed "favourites" to open that particular webpage, I get no reponse whatsoever. I have also now tried to "add" a webpage to my "favourites" and have been unable to do so, instead getting the message "unspecified error" My OS is Windows XP and I use Internet Explorer. Any help or suggestions etc would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks RP.

rdave13 20:27 PM 01 May 11

What version of IE?

runnerpete 21:05 PM 01 May 11

Sorry No 8

rdave13 21:15 PM 01 May 11

First thing I'd try is to close the browser, log off then log in again. Open IE8 and see if it's loaded ok this time.

runnerpete 21:51 PM 06 May 11

Sorry, still not working.

wee eddie 22:13 PM 06 May 11

Have you tried re-Booting your PC?

Woolwell 22:17 PM 06 May 11

System restore to before 1 May?

rdave13 22:19 PM 06 May 11

Try resetting the browser to default. Tools- internet options- Advanced tab and reset tab. Re-enable your addons a few at a time in case it's one of those that's creating the problem (such as a toolbar). If you use iespell you'll need to reinstall.

runnerpete 22:44 PM 17 May 11

rdave13..apologies for not responding..only just found your response,

I have done what you suggested, sorry still no joy. One thing i find weird this. below the address bar, you see file, edit, favourites, tools, help. If i click on favourites here, and then select one of my favourites, all i see is the option to "print this page" ??? Does this give you any clues or help. Regards, RP

Snrub 01:16 AM 18 May 11

Key in the (url) website address in your search bar of your browser and see if it brings up the site. If it does save in favourites amd assuming that this new favourites favicon works delete the old one.

Snrub 01:18 AM 18 May 11

Alternatively, try tomorrow in case the website was down.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites