No Repair option on XP Setup

glen2409 22:48 07 Jun 05

Hi all,

I hope you can help me. I have XP Pro and think I perhaps have a corrupted desktop as there are 2 icons I cannot delete.

I have been advised to try repairing XP. When I boot up from the xp disk and go through the screens I do not have the reapir option available where it should be, just an option to install. Any help on this?

Am I right in saying if i do an install i write write over and lose all my exisiting programs,etc.

Thanks

VoG II 22:52 07 Jun 05

click here

BUT to delete the icons click here

glen2409 22:55 07 Jun 05

Thanks for the quick reply VOG.

The problem is that when you get to the final bit where the repair option should be available it isnt. Just options to install or delete partition,etc.

glen2409 23:03 07 Jun 05

The remove on reboot option didn't work

Nellie2 23:34 07 Jun 05

What are the icons?

glen2409 23:57 07 Jun 05

I downloaded a program called moveonboot that has deleted them. I am concerned at not having the reapir option on xp when I boot up from the xp setup disk.

Number 7 00:10 08 Jun 05

If you have a boxed retail version of Windows xp, then the Repair option should be there.

If you have an OEM version, system recovery options should be available, but may not be called Repair.

You'll have to refer to your computer manufacturer's documentation\website for specific info.

glen2409 07:46 08 Jun 05

I have a full boxed version ox xp, it is not an OEM version.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…